Terms and Conditions
All in-stock products will be shipped upon receipt of order unless otherwise instructed by you. Backordered items will be shipped as soon as they arrive from our source, an additional shipping charge(actual cost)will be added. As always, you will be billed only for items that actually ship. Due to the nature of the Model Railroad business, it is possible that your request to B/O an item may take a substantial amount of time to fill or may be canceled at any time.
Pricing and availability are subject to change without notice. Every effort has been made to ensure accuracy of information. Photo’s shown on our site may be of the actual item and or a likeness representing the actual product. However, Upland Trains has no liability in the case of orders arising from typographical errors or inaccuracy’s. We reserve the right to limit quantities or cancel any orders without assigning any reasons.
We accept American Express, MasterCard, Visa and Discover. Your card will be billed once the order is processed. Cashiers checks, money orders, company checks and personal checks are also accepted as means of payment by phone or email only. (909)985-1246 or email@example.com
As required by law, Upland Trains will add sales tax to all orders ordered from or delivered to the state of California.
Returns and exchanges must be made within 30 days. We would prefer ALL RETURNS TO BE PRE-AUTHORIZED BY UPLAND TRAINS. ANY RETURNS MADE WITHOUT A RETURN AUTHORIZATION MAY BE SUBJECT TO BE REFUSED AT SENDERS EXPENSE. All returned items must be in new condition and in their original packaging.
All refunds will be subject to a 15% restocking fee. Shipping & handling is not refundable. Used items must be returned in the same condition as they were when they left our store. Merchandise that is returned damaged or with damaged packaging will be evaluated at time of return.
Product damaged in shipment will be handled as a freight claim. Please proceed by contacting the freight carrier and making a claim. In many cases this needs to be done within 7 days, so do so as soon as possible. You can also refuse shipment if you can see obvious damage. This could speed up the time it would take to get your replacement.
Many of the products we carry have warranties. Please call for information as we carry a number of different manufactures’ products and all have different warranty policies. Below is a summary of LGB warranty.
Upon purchase of a LGB/Märklin product the firm of LGB/Gebr. Märklin & Cie. GmbH gives you a manufacturer’s warranty of 24 months from the date of purchase. This warrany becomes null and void;
When the product has been used in a manner not intended by the manufacturer.
When the information in the operating instructions provided by the manufacturer has not been followed.
Repair or replacement of a product does not extend its warranty period.
Warranty claims can be submitted directly to Upland Trains along with the warranty card or the sales receipt and a summary of the problem(s) with the product.
Product Defects – Product does not work upon receipt
- Under some circumstances, defective merchandise is to be handled directly with the manufacturer. The product documentation often indicates when this is the case. If you cannot locate this information or the manufacturer’s contact information anywhere on the product’s package or documentation, please contact us and we will provide you with this information. Upland Trains will help you resolve issues with the manufacturer when necessary. Please keep in mind that working directly with the manufacturer will often times result in the fastest resolution to the problem (especially when only one piece is defective).
- Many times, we will simply instruct you to return the product and we will send out a replacement item.
- Do not return defective items to Upland Trains unless specifically requested to do so. We reserve the right to refuse such returns at your own expense.
- If your merchandise is simply missing piece(s), please contact the manufacturer who will be glad to send one out to you without the hassle of shipping merchandise back to Upland Trains.
After you have had the product for 14 days, all defects are to be handled by following the manufacturer’s warranty policy which can be found in the documentation that came with your product. If you need help finding the appropriate contact information, please contact us and we’ll be glad to provide you with it.
All pre-orders require a 25% deposit at the time of order. Deposits will only be refunded if Upland Trains is not able to acquire the item for you after manufacturer release. If you change your mind, or buy the item elsewhere, its fine with us, however, your deposit will not be refunded until the item sells to someone else. When we receive the item, the balance is due. The buyer has 30 days to pay. If payment is not recieved within 30 days, the item will be put up for sale.
Order and Shipping Policy
- Shipping charges are based upon the shipping method selected, the shipment weight, and the destination.
- We do not ship on weekends and carriers do not include weekend days or holidays as business days when determining transit time.
- We strive to ship all orders as quickly as possible. While stock statuses indicate the normal shipment window (ie – Normally Ships within 1 business day), there are occasionally circumstances which can delay shipment.
- Upland Trains is not responsible for carrier delays and will only refund you for such delays if the carrier refunds us. If the freight is non-refundable due to their respective policies, we will not be able to issue you a refund. There are many reasons why shipping refunds are not provided. You an visit the carrier’s website for further details on their policies.
- Expedited shipping charges (UPS 3 Day, UPS 2 Day, UPS Next Day, and USPS Priority Mail) and international shipping charges are non-refundable under any circumstances.
- Orders refused upon delivery will be treated as returns. Shipping costs for both directions of travel will be deducted from the refund applied.
- Orders cancelled after an order is packed for shipment are subject to a $5.00 fee. Orders cannot be cancelled after an order has been shipped.
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING POLICIES
- Delays of international shipments are not uncommon. Upland Trains cannot be held responsible for such delays. The order and transaction is considered complete upon the merchandise being taken into possession by the shipping carrier (USPS, UPS, etc.). Once shipped, an order cannot be cancelled. Any refused shipments will result in additional charges to your credit card to cover the cost of the return shipment.
- Customs, Brokerage Fees, Tariffs, and other charges may apply and be due upon receipt of your item. These fees are not included in the amount Upland Trains collects from you. Please check with the carrier you would like to use prior to placing your order.
- These charges are payable by you. If you fail to pay upon delivery and Upland Trains is billed by the carrier, Upland Trains will charge the credit card used at the time you placed your order.
- Upland Trains will in no way be responsible for these charges or those incurred due to your refusal. Any refusal of shipment will result in a charge to your credit card to cover any related loss on the part of Upland Trains.